Top 15 CNA Programs In Los Angeles
- Posted by:
- Category: Nursing Schools ,
It’s important you find the right CNA program to help accelerate your career. The knowledge you gain from a reputable CNA program is priceless. It gives you the training and knowledge to be the best at what you do. This especially matters when studying to become a Certified Nursing Assistant because you’ll be directly involved in helping a lot of people. However, finding the right school in Los Angeles to complete your training can be tough. There are many awesome CNA programs in Los Angeles, so you need some direction. We are here to provide you with this direction!
Our experts too some time to research the top CNA programs by factoring in the following criteria –
- Overall Reviews
- Length of Training
- Tuition and Costs
After, we’ve even included 1-2 testimonials from people who have completed the program from one of the CNA schools in Los Angeles.
1. CET Nursing (Rated 5/5)
The teachers at CET-Nursing have dedicated their time to educating people and helping them grow into a career they are passionate about. The students at CET-Nursing will have the resources they need to develop their potential and become skilled in their future career. The program at CET-Nursing is always being updated every year so they meet the changing technology in today’s working world. The courses being offered include – Certified Nurse Assistant, Certified Home Health Aide, and Restorative Nurse Assistant.
a) High school graduate or equivalent GED.
b) Students who do not have a high school diploma or GED, but are 18 years of age may be admitted after passing an Ability-To-Benefit test (an ATB test approved by the BPPE) that determines the student’s ability to benefit from his or her program of instruction.
The CNA course is This 150-hours (spread over 4 weeks). Once you have completed the course, you will be ready to take the STATE Competency Exam to become a Certified Nursing Assistant.
CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) Course 6-week program $2,065.00
CNA+HHA+RNA (Home Health & Restorative Nurse) 8-week program $2,815.00
ABC Vocational College, Inc. dba CET-Nursing
639 S. New Hampshire Ave. #301
Los Angeles, CA 90005
Tel. (800) 363-5757 (Toll Free)
Tel. (213) 381-2500
Fax. (213) 387-8383
“If you are looking to get into Nursing Career and want to start a basic nursing program, I highly recommend you start here at CET- Nursing School. This place is made for excellence and Success and nothing less. I feel so blessed to have found this place and now within a blink of an eye, I have my CNA certificate in such a short period. My experience at CET was Amazing from start to end.” – Yelp.com
2. ProMED Career Institute (Rated 5/5)
ProMed Career Institute provides prospective Certified Nursing Assistants with exceptional training programs. Their goal is to fully prepare you for a career in nursing, and the medical field. The staff they employ are highly trained and experienced California certified professionals. The classroom and externship training are presented in a lively, interesting format combining the knowledge-filled lecture with the active hands-on experience.
Our CNA Class is 50hr classroom and 100hr externship program.
Requirements to enroll into the Certified Nursing Assistant program at ProMed Career Institute –
a) No high school diploma is needed. No entrance exam.
b) Age 16 or older (Can be as young as 15 years old as long as at time of completion of training you turn 16 years old).
c) Live Scan for DOJ; Criminal Background Check
d) Proof of a negative TB (Tuberculosis) Skin Test or negative chest x-ray administered within three months prior to the class
e) Physical Examination
Classroom hours: Mon-Fri 6 pm to 10 pm (2 weeks and 2 days)
Clinical hours: 8 am to 4.30 pm (6 weeks)
Course Fee: $1,600
5300 Santa Monica Blvd., Ste. 415
Los Angeles CA 90029
Phone: (323) 570 – 4127
“I definitely recommend ProMED career Institute!
“I took up Phlebotomy class last June 2017 It only took me a short time to finished the class but i gained a lot from the lecture to the practical It made me more confident doing the venipuncture before I went to the clinical site.
Dr. Ira is amazing and very knowledgeable! I pass the NHA and got Certified before I finished my clinical which is sooo amazing! For your clinical she will let you choose which date is convenient for you! Plus the tuition fee is very affordable!
I highly recommend Promed Career Institute!” – Yelp.com
3. A+ Health Care Training (Rated 5/5)
A nursing school providing health care training since 2011. A+ Health Care has only one purpose and that’s to prepare students for a career in health care, especially, as a Certified Nursing Assistant. Certified Nurse Assistants work in skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies, and hospitals. A+ Health Care Training provides the best training program designed to fit your lifestyle, learning habits, and budget.
Currently offering –
Weekday Class (Mon-Fri) 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM (5 weeks) Starting October 30th
Weekend Class (Sat & Sun) 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM (12 weekends) Starting January 6th
Evening Class (Mon-Fri) 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM (9 weeks) February 5th
Admission and Tuition
We offer Weekly and Biweekly Payment Plans.
Registration Fee of $200
California State ID or Driver’s License
14540 Victory Blvd
Van Nuys, CA 91411
“This is by far the best school I ever attended. Not to mention the best teacher/instructor Mrs. Nelly Azizi. She’s not only a mentor, but a very loving, caring and supportive friend and mother to us her students. A great school and the greatest people working in the medical field in my opinion.” – Yelp.com
4. American Medical Careers (Rated 5/5)
A school giving you all the training you need to apply for CNA jobs in Los Angeles, California. American Medical Careers is dedicated in providing students with all the training they need to find work in the health care industry. The combination of classroom and hands on experience give students the experience needed to become Nursing Assistants, Home Health Aides, and Health Care Specialists.
Once your classroom training is completed, you’ll be ready to write the CNA State examination. To see the types of questions that will be asked on this exam, please view our free CNA practice tests.
Our CNA certification program consists of 5 weeks of training, which includes classroom learning, hands-on patient care instruction, and actual experience in a health care facility.
Admission and Tuition
- Valid ID (Government Issue ID)
- Social Security Card
- High School Diploma. If no diploma, you will need to write the Ability-To-Benefit test (an ATB test approved by the BPPE) that determines the student’s ability to benefit from his or her program of instruction.
- Cost (High School Diploma) – $2200.00. You will receive a $500.00 credit for completing high school. If you haven’t completed high school, then you will pay $2200.00.
American Medical Careers
3333 Wilshire Boulevard #208
Los Angeles, CA 90010
“Very nice school. Definitely recommend it. The teacher Maya is the best. Also, practical skill training is good.”- Yelp.com
5. Trident School of Nursing (Rated 5/5)
Trident School of Nursing offers CNA training approved by the California Department of Public health. The program goes through all the fundamental responsibilities of a Certified Nursing Assistant, so you are prepared when entering this career. They do not provide financial aid but there are loans available through third-party providers. The program offers many flexible dates with classes ending and starting every five weeks.
4PM – 8PM Monday through Friday (Theory)
6:30AM – 7PM; Saturday and Sunday (Clinical)
a) Age 16 or older; can be as young as 15 years old as long as at time of completion of training you turn 16 years old.
b) Legal right to work in the United States.
c) No Disqualifying Criminal Background (Click on the blue text to see the list of disqualifying California penal code violations https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CHCQ/LCP/CDPH%20Document%20Library/DisqualifyingPenalCodeSections.pdf.)
The cost is $1, 700 if paid in full on or before the first day of class. The $1,700 covers all of the costs for the program, such as registration, books, stethoscope, pressure cuff, etc. CA board exam fee is NOT included.
2047 1/2 Orange Ave, Long Beach, CA.
Call us at 714-507-8270
6. West LA College (Rated 5/5)
West LA College offers you a 9-week CNA training program. Their college is one of the top CNA schools in Los Angeles. The educators are professionals providing you with everything you need to become eligible for State certification and employment as a Nursing Assistant.
The CNA course includes 54 hours of theory and 108 hours of clinical work. Clinical work is scheduled at local nursing facilities on Saturdays and Sundays. Classes are held Tuesday and Thursday evenings
Please view this document for application requirements –
- WLAC fees at $46 per unit (Nurse Assistant 6.5 units $299 and Home Health Aide is 2 units $92)
- HHA at $46 per unit (2 units $92)
- Course Textbooks, approx. $108
- Malpractice Insurance, approx. $23
- CPR course $45 – $65
- Closed toe shoes (tennis shoes, clogs, no heals) white.
- State examination administered by the American Red Cross is $105
Dr. Castillo, Allied Health Coordinator:
7. Westchester College of Nursing and Allied Health (Rated 4.5/5)
Westchester College offers a great program for those looking to become Certified Nursing Assistants. The mission of this college is to prepare students to work in hospitals and other healthcare facilities, physician’s offices, laboratories or their own private practice.
The Westchester College CNA program has been designed keeping value in mind. It’s focused on providing quality career education that is relevant to the current and future needs of nursing and allied health professional areas and of society.
Length of the program: 6 weeks. Clock Hours: 159
High School Diploma or GED
18 years of age minimum
8939 S. Sepulveda Boulevard, Suite 302
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Phone: (888) 657-2677
Phone: (310) 981-9644
Fax: (310) 981-9075
8. Angeles College (Rated 4.5/5)
This program is 6-weeks long and prepares students for the health care industry. The main focus of the program will be on preparing the student to provide direct care to the patient/resident; promote comfort measures; and collect, record and report data to licensed personnel.
Total hours are 164 (50 hours of theory; 114 hours of laboratory/clinical)
- Must meet the minimum age requirement for that particular program
- For most programs, applicants must submit proof of completion of 12th grade education or the equivalent prior to admission, and must hold at least a high school diploma, transcript or GED certificate*
- The applicant must verbally demonstrate that he/she has reasonable expectations of how the program would benefit him/her in terms of skill acquisition, academic gains or job marketability
- Successful completion of the program’s entrance exam
- Fulfillment of the program’s enrollment prerequisites (valid state ID, Social Security Card**, physical examination by a doctor, proof of a negative TB skin test or chest X-ray, etc)
- Direct transfer credit may be established through evaluation of official academic transcripts.
- Registration Fee: $50.00
- Books and Equipment: $191.00
- Tuition: $1,659.00
- Total: $1,900.00
17595 Almahurst St., Suite 101-3
City of Industry, CA 91748
“This is a great school for any beginner entering the medical field. The instructors are highly qualify and passionate about their class. The evening class is the best. Mr. Lopez is great MA instructor who really takes the time to explain you and answer any questions. He is very flexible and works with you so you can succeed in his class.”- Yelp.com
9. Trinity School of Health and Allied Sciences (Rated 4/5)
The Trinity nursing program developed to prepare students to pass the California State Nurse Assistant Certification Examination. Trinity offers a full-time seven-week program consisting topics on the CNA State Exam. Some include – patient rights, communication, basic skills, legal, nutrition, and Emergency Procedures.
- Must be at least 18 years.
- 16 and 17 year old who have graduated from high school or passed the California High School Proficiency Exam(CHSPE) must obtain parental consent.
- Live Scan finger printing
- Physical exam and TB test done no more than 60 days prior to
- Chest X-Ray needed if positive PPD no more than 1 year.
- Current CPR by American Heart Association (Basic Life Support Health Care Provider)
- Obtain a passing score of (11) on the Wonderlic
- High School Diploma, high school transcript or certificate of high school equivalency, or GED, and evaluation of courses if a foreign graduate.
1149 West 190th Street,
Gardena, CA 90248
“My experience here went so well. From the great facility, to the energetic staff I couldn’t pick one thing as my favorite. Supplies was an issue at my old school Everest but Trinity had everything you could need. My instructor, Mrs.Sumbo, has to be #1 in teaching. She reassures you throughout the course that you can do it and she makes sure not to give up on you. Trinity was a great experience all the way Around.”- Yelp.com
10. Regan Career Institute (Rated 4/5)
This program has been designed to prepare you for a career as a Certified Nursing Assistant. When you have completed the course, you will be ready to take the California State Competency examination. Regan Career Institute will train you in all the fundamentals required as a CNA.
The training course can take five weeks or 10 weeks depending on the program you choose. RCI’S nurse assistant program offers competent training with value-oriented and cost-effective pricing.
Social Security and Driver’s License
$1275.00 (10-week in class)
11350 Valley Boulevard
El Monte, CA 91731
11. Health Care Career Center (Rated 4/5)
A 10-week course focused on providing future CNA’s the foundation they need to follow their passion. This course will prepare the student to be able to take on the responsibilities as an entry-level worker. Focus will be aimed at preparing the student to provide direct care to the patient/resident; promote comfort measures; and collect, record and report data to licensed personnel. After the completion of this course, the student will be eligible to write the State of California CNA examination.
- Must be at least 16 years old. If 16, parental consent is needed.
- Current CPR card (BLS Healthcare Provider).
- Physical Exam and 2 step TB Test done within the last 6 months. A chest X-Ray is needed if tested positive for TB. Chest X-Ray report is valid for 2 years.
- Up to date immunization records
- Live Scan Fingerprinting.
- TABE (Test on Adult Basic Education). Online for prospective students who do not have a high school diploma or GED.
$1,225.00 (payment plans available)
12440 Firestone Blvd. #220
Norwalk, CA 90650
Phone: (562) 868-0946
Fax: (562) 868-3239
12. Medical Allied Career Center (Rated 4/5)
Another reputable school offering CNA classes in Los Angeles. Upon completion of this course, you will be ready to take the California State certification exam. Medical Allied Career Center will work hard at providing you with the knowledge you need to follow your passion. The CNA course is approx 4-weeks or 150 hours. You’ll learn all the fundamentals i.e.
Provide nursing care to patients in hospitals, nursing homes or long-term care settings, and Identify the similarities/differences in the role of the nursing assistant in the health care setting and the role of the health nursing aide in the home care setting.
- Be at least 16 years of age. If applicant is 16 years of age, parental consent is required.
- Complete and pass the scholastic level exam (Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam)
- Submit completed physical examination report, and TB test or chest X-ray report. TB test must be done within the last 6 months. Chest X-ray is needed if tested positive for TB. Chest X-ray reports is valid for 2 years.
- Sign a disqualifying penal code.
- Pass a criminal background check and drug screening.
- Submit valid ID
- Submit a valid high school diploma/transcript, or certificate of high school equivalency, or GED, or certificate of accreditation of courses if a foreign graduate.
High school diploma/transcript, GED or its equivalent taken outside the United States must be evaluated by American association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) as required by the Department of Public Health
$100.00 (Registration Fee)
Exam Fee: $10.00
Total Cost: $170.00
12631 E. Imperial Hwy
Building D Suite 108
Santa Fe Springs CA 90670
(562) 807 2420
13. California Career Institute (Rated 4/5)
This course being offered by California Career Institute will prepare you for CNA jobs in Los Angeles and within the State of California. The teaching professionals will guide you through the entire process and knowledge needed to pass the State CNA certification exam. The program is 7-weeks in total. You’ll learn all the fundamentals
How to take vital signs
Range of motion exercises
Adaptability in medical offices
Communication, teamwork, and diversity skills for the workplace
Important skills and techniques necessary to be a successful Nursing Assistant.
The Art of Caregiving
Special Care Instructions
Transitioning from Student to Employee
Please View Enrollment Process
Please View Financial Aid
Address: 12141 Brookhurst St., Garden Grove, CA 92840
Working Days/Hours: Mon – Fri / 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
“I needed to start a new career and further reach my dream of working in the Medical field. Coming to CCI was the Hope and encouragement I needed.
The entire staff which includes from the reception, Admissions and the financial aid were very welcoming and explained the course and the financial aid
I liked the fact the classes are small and the instructors are caring and willing to go the extra mile with each student that needed the extra attention. I am glad I chose CCI School and will be honored to refer anyone to attend CCI and see how they can change your life. I am really proud to say that I’m a CCI student.” – CCI
14. Platt College – Alhambra Campus (Rated 4/5)
Platt offers a 8-week full-time program to help prepare students for a career as a certified nursing assistant. Once you have completed the course, you will be prepared for the California State CNA certification exam. Platt’s mission is to give students the knowledge and skills to assume the responsibility required in long-term care as a Certified Nurse Assistant. It’s an amazing program with a great reputation.
- 3 Month Program (Part-Time)
- 2 Month Program (Full-Time)
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Wonderlic Personnel Assessment (On-Campus)
Platt College Anaheim
1551 S. Douglass Road
Anaheim, CA 92806
15 Los Angeles Harbor College (Rated 4/5)
This is a combined lecture course which teaches the student theory and clinical skills needed to work with residents/patients in a skilled nursing facility. The modules covered will prepare you for the State examination. For example, you’ll go through patient rights; communication/interpersonal skills; prevention of unusual occurrences; body mechanics; asepsis; weights and measures; patient care skills; patient care procedures; vital signs; nutrition; emergency procedures; long term care; rehabilitative care; observation and charting; and death and dying. This course has been approved by the Department of Health Services.
This is a 10-week course in total.
- Qualifications- must be a registered student at LAHC and have a social security number and valid state-issued identification.
- There are mandatory orientations for students prior to the start of the course (see LAHC Schedule of Classes for exact date/time/location). Health requirements, uniforms, supplies, background checks and class guidelines will be discussed.
- Students must undergo a medical history and physical examination and meet requirements for clinical agencies which includes, but is not limited to, titers and/or vaccines for measles/mumps/rubella/chicken pox and hepatitis B, 2-step tuberculin skin test (or chest xray if positive), flu vaccine, and Tdap vaccine
- Students may not have any health conditions that would create a hazard to self, employees, or patients Ø Students must provide a clear background check prior to clinical rotation.
- Students must submit to live scan fingerprinting prior to the start of clinical experiences. In accordance with California Title 22 section 71828(c), students will not be allowed to participate in clinical experiences if they have been convicted of certain crimes.
- Students must have a current First Aid and American Heart Association Healthcare-Provider Basic Life Support card prior to clinical rotation
- 5-Unit Course: $230.00
- Background Check: $55.00
- Wristwatch with second hand: $25.00
- Physical and laboratory tests/vaccines: $140.00-$250.00
- First Aid and American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support: $50.00
- Uniform and Shoes: $100.00
- Blood pressure cuff/stethoscope: $35.00
- Syllabus: $25.00
- Textbook: $65.00
- Certification exam: $90.00
- Malpractice insurance: $25.00
- Total Cost: $840.00-$950.00
Los Angeles Harbor College
1111 Figueroa Place, Wilmington, CA 90744