Help Community

Notifications
Clear all

Transferring my CNA license to Florida from Michigan  

Jennee
(@jennee)

How do I transfer my CNA license from Michigan to Florida?? Does anyone know? Do I need to write the Florida state exam for CNA's?

Topic starter Posted : 22/04/2019 6:33 pm
jocelyn_0745
(@jocelyn_0745)

Hi, many states do allow you to transfer a valid CNA license over without having to take the exam. The best bet is to visit the CNA state website and find out what the procedure is. However, if you have a valid license then you shouldn't have a problem. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/04/2019 2:19 pm
careercrawlers
(@admin)
Member Admin
Posted by: jocelyn_0745

Hi, many states do allow you to transfer a valid CNA license over without having to take the exam. The best bet is to visit the CNA state website and find out what the procedure is. However, if you have a valid license then you shouldn't have a problem. 

Awesome! Yup that's correct. So I did some research and you would have to apply using the Florida License by Endorsement. This means -

"Applicants may apply by Endorsement for a CNA certificate in Florida if they hold a valid active CNA license in good standing with another state. The Florida state exam is not required."

Again the license must be in good standing and valid. If it is not valid then they might have to write the state exam again. However, all the information can be found here - Florida CNA Endorsement Process

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/04/2019 10:05 pm

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: