Help Community

Notifications
Clear all

Cna=pct?  

Liv10
(@liv10)

Hey guys! I just got certified as a CNA. Im trying to find a place to work and I was wondering if CNAs meet PCT requiremtents. I heard they are the same kind of job but PCTs are more on the phone, booking patients, and so on. Does anybody no the difference between them and what I should do to get a job as a PCT?

Topic starter Posted : 18/04/2019 6:47 pm
careercrawlers
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hi Liv10,

As always I did some research into this so I can provide the most useful content. So, here's what I have found out -

First, PCT's have could perform more duties than a CNA. They are NOT the same so if you are a CNA and want to work as a PCT, you will require more additional training. Certified nursing assistants can only perform basic duties like checking vital signs, bathing, and feeding patients. Also, CNA's are supervised by doctors and registered nurses. PCT (patient care technician) can perform all of those duties as well as additional tasks, such as using EKG machines and drawing blood. It's important to mention that the job duties of a PCT will differ state to state. 

If you are currently a CNA, you have to go back and do some more training then pass the CPCT/A exam. After successfully passing the exam you can apply for jobs as a PCT.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/04/2019 1:12 pm

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: