Help Community

Notifications
Clear all

Can I Obtain CNA With Misdemeanor in PA?  

RSS
Tina Marincahk
 Tina Marincahk
(@Tina Marincahk)

I have a misdemeanor one and 2 from 6 year ago. I live in PA. Can I do CNA training?

Posted : 05/03/2020 11:27 am
careercrawlers
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hi Tina,

We are sorry to hear about your situation. We did some research on this and have some questions for you. The misdemeanor 1 and 2 that you have from six years ago...are these still on your criminal record? You will be required to submit a criminal record check when applying to attend an accredited CNA training program in PA. Not to mention, you WILL be required to submit a background check when applying for jobs too. With that said, this is what it states here  -  education.pa.gov -

"The candidate must obtain a Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) report from the PA State Police during the year prior to beginning a nurse aide training program. The CHRI report must be free of prohibitive offenses."

So, as stated "it MUST be FREE" of any prohibited offenses. If you have any of these offenses listed here on your record, you may have a hard time applying for a CNA training program in PA and even work afterward. The list of offenses can be viewed here - 

Nurse Aide Resident Abuse Prevention Training Act 14 (P.L. 169)

or

Nurse Aide Resident Abuse Prevention Training Act 14 of 1997 (P.L. 169)

Please view both and if your record does have any of these than we would recommend contacting a lawyer to get these removed. From our research, you can have your offenses expunged from your record. Every state has a minimum waiting period so you may be eligible to have them removed since it's been 6 years. 

This post was modified 8 months ago 3 times by careercrawlers
ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/03/2020 3:34 pm

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: