Help Community

Notifications
Clear all

The current EMT salary in Los Angeles?

dicetoss
(@dicetoss)

Hey, I am planning on moving from Nevada to California specially Los Angeles. Does anyone know how the pay is in Los Angeles for EMT's? I have around 2 years of experience. 

Topic starter Posted : 27/04/2019 3:27 pm
Sruiz2169
 Sruiz2169
(@Sruiz2169)

If I were to move back to Cali as an AEMT, Santa Barbara would be the ONLY place I'd look at. Traffic is not bad, great night life, awesome farmers markets, and just a beautiful city in general. Although the pay is not much more than ATCEMS in Austin, TX (my current employment) the view would be nicer.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/04/2019 3:33 pm
dicetoss
(@dicetoss)
Posted by: Sruiz2169

If I were to move back to Cali as an AEMT, Santa Barbara would be the ONLY place I'd look at. Traffic is not bad, great night life, awesome farmers markets, and just a beautiful city in general. Although the pay is not much more than ATCEMS in Austin, TX (my current employment) the view would be nicer.

Thanks. I'm moving back to Los Angeles for family reasons so Santa Barbara is out of the question...kinda for now 🙂

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/04/2019 3:43 pm
careercrawlers
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hi, thanks for dropping you message. According to this website Salary.com, EMT's are making between $36,509 to $45,300. Now it's important to note that years of experience does play a huge role in your earning potential. Also, who you report to. For example, if you have 5 years experience, you could make anywhere from towards the higher part of the salary gap so closer to $45,000. However, if you have no experience then you'll be towards the bottom of the salary gap. So, you indicated you have 2 years experience as an EMT so this would put you around the $37,000 - $38,000 mark. Visit this following link and you can play around with the options. Your salary will depend on experience, diploma or degree, and experience.  Here is the link I'm referring to -

https://www1.salary.com/CA/Los-Angeles/Emergency-Medical-Technician-Salary.html

Goodluck on your move and if you have any further questions, please post them here because we are all here to help 🙂 

This post was modified 2 years ago 3 times by careercrawlers
ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/04/2019 5:24 pm

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: