Help Community

Notifications
Clear all

Worth pursuing A-EMT and Medic right away?  

jacobwil
(@jacobwil)

In everyone's opinion. Is it worth pursuing A-EMT and Medic for someone that's wanting to make it a career? When I was originally volunteering with my local ems company and going to school there was no EMT b and a it was just EMT-IV then Medic

Topic starter Posted : 05/05/2019 2:44 pm
Aaimes
 Aaimes
(@Aaimes)

I'm in A-EMT class now and we can do alot

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2019 2:46 pm
RyanAdkins
 RyanAdkins
(@RyanAdkins)

I would personally recommend just going ahead and get your medic.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2019 2:48 pm
AAPerkins
 AAPerkins
(@AAPerkins)

Speaking as a medic who was AEMT first, its totally worth it. Out of all the students in our class the 3 who were already AEMTs consistently scored better on tests than the EMTBs.. could've been a fluke, but could've been something. Personally I felt more knowledgeable. Especially when it came to cardiac,.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2019 2:49 pm
careercrawlers
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hey..all good answers here! The best advice I can give you is on timing and end result. If you have time, then taking the longer root of becoming an EMT first will help give you a better foundation. You'll get use to the career and what's expected. Keep in mind becoming a paramedic does require some more work so just make sure you are use to the material and have experience which will help you understand what's required. This can lighten and ease the transition from a EMT to a Medic. Hope this help!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2019 2:51 pm
jacobwil
(@jacobwil)

I'm pretty well convinced on medic school. I want to be on an ALS truck and make a career so medic is sounding my best option.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/05/2019 2:52 pm

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: